Tuesday, February 24, 2009

photo 24...


Well....I have bitten by the "painting bug" and by that I mean that I want to paint some rooms in our house! Maybe it is because I cannot stand all the plain white walls in our house {but I don't want to tackle the main walls in the living room, hallways, etc} or maybe it is that I watched a bit too much HGTV this weekend but anywho....I want to paint some walls!

When I grow up, I would LOVE to be an interior decorator...however, I don't have a single bit of that talent or skill in my bones {and I am not afraid to admit it}. I am in complete awe of people who can decorate and make things looks so pretty!

I decided to paint two small-ish rooms...our laundry room and our master bath. When our house was built....they put "non-washable" paint on every. single. wall! Helllooooo....dumb! Needless to say, it is impossible to clean, which is another reason I want to paint....so I can clean the walls.

Our laundry room is all white with a white washer and dryer and it is a small space...so we decided to go with a yellow-ish color to brighten it up a bit. And for the master bath....a green-ish color to go with our brown and creme scheme we already have.

Landry and I went to Home Depot yesterday to get some paint samples...showed them to Bobby and hung up our faves to see how we like them. Hopefully we can make a decision and paint this weekend....I am soooooo indecisive when it comes to paint. If I make the wrong choice that means either live with it or create more work to change it....hmmf!

2 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

SO fun!!!!! i think that paint can really freshen and warm up a room!

love the choices of green and yellow! can't wait to see!!! when will this all take place??? :)

Becky said...

Well we are exactly on the same page. Bob refuses to let me paint though so this week painters are doing our master bed/bath and reese's bathroom too. It has turned into a pretty big "little" project that I dreamed up but hopefully it will be good in the end:) I am not good at decorating either..I get sooo overwhelmed!