Monday, March 30, 2009

photo 58...

Does this look like a little girl who is in the doctor's office?

You wouldn't know it by looking at her {or listening to her babble} but she was in the exam room this afternoon when I took this picture of her.

She has had a cold since Thursday and hasn't been sleeping well and she is normally a fabulous sleeper. Today she woke up from her 45 minute nap crying {which rarely happens} and it took me a while to get her to stop. I thought it was teeth since she just got one of her top molars and the other one is poking it's way through. I gave her some Motrin and layed her down to change her diaper. She was holding her ear and crying.

So I checked out Babycenter to see what the signs of an ear infection are. She had pretty much every sign so I called the doctor's office, they wanted to see her today so I took her in at 5:10.

Yepper....she has an ear infection. Her first one...actually OUR first one. Ashton has never had one in her life...yep...knocking on wood as I type.

She has been in a pretty good mood this evening and went to sleep easily. That kid loves the medicine and was using her sign for "more" when she saw Daddy putting it away.

I am hoping she kicks this thing pretty quick and we get our happy, good sleeping, feeling good baby girl back!

2 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

awwww....poor little punkin! guess that explains the out-of-the-blue fever last week!!! well, i'm glad that you got to the bottom of it and now she's on the mend! give her a smooch from me!

jarleonard said...

oh...ouch! I hope that ear feels better ASAP!