Saturday, June 20, 2009

photo 140...

Surprise!

This is the nest that has been on our patio for while now. The baby birds hatched and have come and gone. I have scrubbed, and bleached, and scrubbed, and bleached the bird poo off the patio so the girls could play. It is gross to look at and I didn't want Landry to take interest in it. Not to mention...ew yuck!

So... I asked Bobby if we could remove the nest and maybe that would keep the birds away. Well...we had no idea there were more eggs in there until today. Oops! I thought once birds laid and hatched eggs that was it for the season...guess I was wrong!

We messed up that whole thing...because since we have touched touched it and taken it down I doubt the mama bird will take care of the eggs. Only...the mama bird came back and she is NOT happy!

We feel horrible that we messed with the nest in the first place! But now our girls won't get any disgusting diseases from the bird poo!

1 comment:

Kristi Joy said...

Well...sometimes life is surprising...right?

I agree though, better to have it gone. Birds so carry a lot of things kiddos don't need...

And I can just see Landry trying to "Play" in the bird poo...ew yuck for sure.

So, hopefully the mamma birds will find a NEW place to lay some NEW eggs.