Monday, August 3, 2009

photo 184...

Ashton's Lair...

This girl totally cracks me up and I LOVE having her in our house! Today after we got home from grocery shopping, she decided to grab pillows and blankets and build her a "lair"! She built it in between our couch and chair...she blocked both entrances with pillows, made the top with blankets in which she used notebooks and magazines to hold in place. Then she needed to fill the lair with things....our lantern, more blankets, a play phone, and a few other random items.

She wanted Landry to play with her but not ruin the lair. Well...I am sure you can guess how that went over! She must have had to re-build it a dozen times. This entertained both girls for quite a while. They even got to the point where both girls could sit in there without making it fall.

I don't know what it is about her and building things with blankets....I just thought it was funny that this time it wasn't a fort...it was a lair!

(I hope I spelled "lair" right....I don't even know where she learned that word~and sorry this picture isn't that great!)

4 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

i love that kid! and where in the world DID she learn the word lair???

Becky said...

Cool!! Send her over to build a lair with Reese:))

Jill said...

I love Ashton's creativity. What a fun girl!

Kristi Joy said...

Was thinking the same thing...where on earth did she learn that word. Smart cookie I tell you!

Funny stuff, my sister used to do the same thing with me. I will try to scan in a pic and email you. My sis is 6 years older than me...and she played with me just like Ashton does with Landry. I LOVE IT!! :)