Thursday, October 8, 2009

photo 250...

ewwww....the flu???

I am pretty sure Little Miss Ashton Raley has the flu. She all of a sudden yesterday evening got tired and said she was hot ...she looked a little on the pale side and felt warm. We took her temperature and sure enough, she had a low grade fever.

Once we gave her some Tylenol, she felt a ton better...imagine that! She was so disappointed that she was missing school today and will miss school again tomorrow. I called the doctor and if she has a fever tomorrow...which they said she probably will....then we need to bring her in for a flu test. The flu is going around her school...nice! I was so hoping it would bypass us...she is usually never sick...I can count the number of times on my hands and most of that has been in the past year.

We have been keeping the girls separated as much as possible {not that it will do any good since I am sure Landry has already been infected} but we are trying. So now our bar is home to the thermometer for frequent temperature checks {Landry thinks she needs hers checked every time we check Ashton's} along with Tylenol and Motrin.

We are watching her cough, breathing, temp, and pushing her with lots of fluids. This is not fun at all! I am crossing my fingers that no one else gets it!


8 comments:

The Johnson's said...

OH NO! Poor Ashton!!! I hope she feels better soon and you guys and Landry don't get it! Get well soon!

The Taylor Family said...

That stinks...I will be praying for you guys to stay healthy.

amanda said...

Oh no, poor Ashton! I hope she's feeling better soon!!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed too... as well as my toes... and anything else I can cross for you!

The Rasdalls said...

Noooo! Poor thing! I hope she gets better soon!! And I hope no one else catches it! Goodluck!

Becky said...

Oh NOOOOO! I'm sorry friend! Hope everyone is better soon:)

Kristi Joy said...

Poor little pumpkin pie! I hope she doesn't have the flu!!

Hey - is that one of those forehead thermometers? Do you like it? Have you compared it to the other kind to see how you feel about the accuracy?

Sending good thoughts to you all! Wishing for just a little bug like we all had here and NOT THE FLU!!!

The Leonard Four said...

so sorry that sweet ashton is sick! and i'm even more sorry that the flu is what she got for earning all those 2nd grade bucks! she worked so hard!!! poor girl...give her a smooch from us!

Sarah said...

I haven't even read the post yet, i just saw the picture... looks like our house! Teething like crazy... Kaylie and Parker think tylenol is their dessert now! haha...