Monday, November 2, 2009

photo 275...

Are you surprised?

I was at first..but then not so much. Landry has a stuffy nose and cough that she randomly woke up with on Saturday so that means no My Gym for Lan-Lan P and no Gym for Mommy.

Since she was kind of crabby and tired, and she wanted to watch a "moo-nee" I thought that would be a good time for me to vacuum. I put her up on my bed with her blankie and turned on Sesame Street Sings Karaoke for her.

I did my usual vacuuming...I did both girls' rooms and the hallway to their room. Stopped went to check on Pea...she was still comfy and watching her movie. I did the office and the living room. Stopped to check on Pea...still watching her movie. I finished with the area by the kitchen and backdoor. I finished and checked on her...not on the bed.

I went in to see where she was....and I found her sitting on the floor in front of my sink with my eyeliner. I walked in and here is our convo...

Landry: Hello. {in her sweet little I am pretty sure I just did something I wasn't supposed to and maybe I won't get in trouble if I am cute voice}

Mommy: Oh Landry, what are you doing {trying really hard not to laugh}

Landry: I mate-up. My eye. I mate-up.

Mommy: That is Mommy's and not a toy. We don't play with Mommy's make up.

Landry: I pit-tee. My eyes. I mate-up.

Mommy: Can Mommy take your picture?

So being the stellar mom I am, I grabbed the camera because of course we need to show Daddy and it would make a great 365! After I got the camera and came back in, she was demonstrating {without any prompting} for me how she did her "mate-up".

This was only the beginning of how her day was going to be...she was full of it today! Between her and the stinkin' computer dying it was a doosey of a day!

7 comments:

Susan said...

That is too funny and cute! I also had to mention that today was the first day...EVER...that Elyse got into my eyeliner! She had a nice line next to her mouth. Not very close to her eyes - ha! Now I wish I had gotten a picture too...though I'm sure it won't be the last time. These girls are a riot!

The Leonard Four said...

i love this kid. i love the convo. i love the mate-up. i love her spunky personality. LOVE HER!

The Rasdalls said...

Oh my goodness! Now that has to be the most funny and cute thing I've seen in awhile :) I thought my lil guy was a handful, looks like he is not alone!! Love her lil personality!

Becky said...

OMG I am laughing so hard! I can just see her sweet little face all "pi-tee"!!:)) I love that girl!

The Four Fewells said...

I love this picture; she is so pit-tee! Very impressed you did not laugh, I think I would have lost it!

amanda said...

That is just too cute!

She looks SO proud of herself and her mate-up! I agree... pit-tee indeed!!

The Johnson's said...

love this picture!