Thursday, April 22, 2010

photo 81 of 365...

another spring tradition!!!

I LOVE traditions and I get really stressed out when traditions don't happen and let me just tell you that I was TOTALLY and probably a little over the top stressing out about our bluebonnet tradition this year! Mother Nature seems to not like this tradition for us very much.

Taking pictures in the Texas Bluebonnets is one of my absolute faves! Bluebonnets are not around for very long and we have had weather and scheduling issues lately that has kept us from enjoying these beauties. We always try and do it with the Leonards which makes it a little more difficult.

The weather today was "iffy" and just as luck would have it, we had two spectacular days yesterday and Tuesday, but it seems that if the weather cooperates then our schedules don't.

Jodi and I decided we would try it with the girls and at least take advantage of them today even with the weather being not so great just so we could take them. Another bummer was that both Bill and Bobby were working and weren't able to join us. We are hoping to go back this weekend when it is sunny and blue skies to hopefully get some better ones and this time we will have the Daddies there to help us!

Oh how I love the TEXAS bluebonnets!

2 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

well. at least 2010 is documented, right?! hopefully this weekend mother nature will give us a little cooperation! i sure do love this tradition with the bryce4! :)

The Christenson's said...

I really love reading your 365 blog and seeing the pics. Just wanted to tell you! It's so fun!!

The highway on my drive to work is covered with bluebonnets. So pretty!