Thursday, March 26, 2009

photo 54...

A love note from Mommy {and sometimes Daddy}

You know, one of the things that I L-O-V-E doing for Ashton is leaving her a little note in her lunchbox every day. I started doing it last year when she was in Kindergarten and it has continued. I will do it as long as I can get away with it...and when the time comes that I can't get away with it; well, I guess I will put a note on her mirror or at her spot at the table for breakfast. Tear drop.

They are always simple and vary each day. I have only not done it once or twice and boy did she notice! {Which makes me happy to know that she reads them}. I also cannot even begin to say how much I LOVE the fact that she enjoys them too!

On the nights when Daddy makes her lunch...yepper...he puts one in there too! We miss her each day when she is at school and we want her to know that we are thinking about her and that we love her. It is the little things in life that make days special for the people you love!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Love it..I can't wait:)

The Leonard Four said...

so love this little tradition...and i love that ashton loves it!

The Johnson's said...

you are such a sweet mommy!

The Johnson's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love it! I pray that Chris and I can be even half the parent you are. You guys come up with such sweet traditions! I hope you don't mind when we steal ideas and only take it as a huge compliment! Your doing good things here!