Thursday, April 2, 2009

photo 61...

Right about now...this entrance to my kitchen is making me want to pull my hair out and look like my hubby. Do ya want to know why?

Well...it has to do with a super cute and SPUNKY little almost 15 month old toddler by the name of Landry Paige! You see, we have a gate that the Leonards let us borrow that we have been using to keep a certain blue eyed girl out of the kitchen. It worked pretty well until, oh about a week ago when she figured out she could just knock it over and walk on top of it and get into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, she is into every single cabinet and drawer we have and pushing the heavy wood chairs on the tile floor knocking them over and just causing havoc in there. Not to mention giving her mommy a heart attack in fear that she might knock a chair over on top of her. We have waaayyy too many cabinets and drawers to put child locks on to keep her out of...which is what me have to resort to. And the chairs...there is no safetly lock for those bad boys!

The entryway to our kitchen is ANGLED...who does that? Since it is angled, there is no gate that A) fits across there and B) will attach so a small child can't knock or pull it over. I ventured to Babies R Us today and looked at every gate and safety lock they had to find a "fix" for our problem. I ended up getting a gate that I thought would work. WRONG! Bobby and I had a heck of a time getting it up and then Landry began climbing on it and knocked it over. Not to mention, Ashton can't get over it so I was having to lift her over the gate....SO NOT FUN (but great for my muscles).

3 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

oof...i am still wracking my brain for a solution to this prob. i cannot believe that there is NO GATE that you can buy. you can't be the only one with a wide angled doorway!!! i'm still thinkin...

Jill said...

I was getting ready to type the same exact thing as Jodi. Good thing I read what she wrote first. There has to be a solution somehow... My thinking cap is on.

Kristi Joy said...

I had the same problem...only with my stairs...there was no wall on the bottom few steps, so no gate would work. I bought this: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=5766&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=488757 and made it work. Not sure if you can figure out a way to use this gate and attach it somehow.

My kitchen is WIDE open, a 12 foot gate wouldn't keep my kids out. So we have locks on every S.I.N.G.L.E cabinet! It took a loooong time to do, but worth it in the end.

Good luck Erin and Bobby!!