Tuesday, April 21, 2009

photo 80...

I have been waiting for this package to arrive for over a week.....

Here is why. A week ago Sunday Landry decided she would break not one but TWO glass things in our house...both of which I was standing right next to her. She is stealth like and I had no idea she was there...until I heard the crash of a glass syrup bottle from the pantry and our blender pitcher! Luckily no one was hurt.

So we have been without our blender for that long. We ordered the replacement parts the very next day and they finally arrived TODAY!

You might think....what is the big deal about a blender? Well that blender is my dessert every night before bed. I make a protein shake (that tastes like a milkshake). It is good for me and tricks my brain into thinking I am having a "real" milkshake. I have been in withdrawals without our blender!

But tonight...I am one happy girl! I get my chocolate and peanut butter shake before bed!

4 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

oh that little monkey! i still can't believe that she managed to break TWO glass items in one day! such a little devil!!! :) love her to bits!

glad that you get to have your protein disguised as dessert again!!! :)

Kristi Joy said...

I am tellin' you, those sneaky little fingers! Gavin did the same thing, only with hot coffee and to my mom...not me. Thankfully he had a jacket on and wasn't burned.

I have to recommend a blender to you...Greg and I have seen it at those Home shows - it is the VitaMix! https://secure.vitamix.com/acb/stores/4/?COUPON=04-0322-01

We finally bought one a couple of years ago and LOVE IT! We have smoothies all the time. So...if your new blender pitcher is glass...you can keep this machine in mind! They aren't cheap sister, but oh so worth it!

Glad you can have your "dessert" again...bet that was hard! You get into a routine and you gotta have it!!

Becky said...

what kind of shake is it? i am always dying for something sweet at night that is healthy

The Johnson's said...

Your shake sounds so yummy!!!!! I'll have to get your recipe!!!!! :)