Monday, May 4, 2009

photo 93...

Miss Independent...Our Older Version

oh my. Ashton is at this age where she wants to do everything by herself! She wants to make her own breakfast and her own lunch on non-school days. She wants to pour her own milk, do her own hair, pick out her own clothes, etc. I am willing to give in on some things and especially on days where she doesn't have school and we aren't going anywhere.

On non-school days {like today} she chooses things for lunch that she can make by herself. This basically means a sandwich. I try to get her to eat things for lunch that she can't take in her lunchbox on these days. Well....today was one of those days where she wanted to make her own lunch: ham and mustard sandwich on wheat, a cheese stick, applesauce, and cheetos.

My dilemma is that I really enjoy doing these things for her, but I know that this is part of growing up and while she is only 6, I don't want her to grow up not being able to do things on her own. I know there will come a time when this gets old and she will want me to do it for her again. I really am not loving this whole my kiddo is growing up way too fast thing! How can I make it slow down! Geeeez!

2 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

well.

all i can say is that i do not love the independence one.single.bit.

nope...not at all!

Grammy/Mom said...

Believe me, when it gets to the point where she is required to do it, the story will change!!! Just tell her she has to make her own lunch, etc., then you'll be back to doing it. :-)