Sunday, August 16, 2009

photo 197...

"First Ever Bennett Clan Wii Bowling Tournament"

So my parents have "Family Dinner" at their house every Sunday. Two of my sisters and their families attend and so does my Ninny. I HATE that we aren't able to attend. Every now and then we make the drive down and they change it from family dinner to family lunch. We had planned on attending today in honor of this bowling tourney. Since Landry has a virus we didn't go and good thing since today Ashton woke up with a fever and not feeling well.

We were able to participate anyway. My mom made a bracket and included us in it. She called when it was our turn to bowl, we bowled and called back with our scores. All three of us ended up in the LOSER'S Bracket. My nephews, Jon and Chris, along with my sister were in the finals. The championship game was postponed until Chris gets off work this evening.

It was fun, but would have been way more fun if we had actually been there. Ya know...we missed all the comments and smack talkin' that went on. We will be there for the next one for sure!

2 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

what a totally awesome idea! i love that you had a family tourney...even from a distance! :) great idea, grammy!

The Taylor Family said...

I wish we lived closer to family so we could participate in Family dinners too. LOVE the tournament idea...sounds so fun!