Wednesday, August 19, 2009

photo 200...

This activity is what entertains Landry while I am taking a shower (if I have to shower when she is awake). She has collected a cup, a bowl, and a medicine cup which she arranges on the edge of our bathtub. The bathtub is right next to the shower so I can see every move she makes.

She turns on the water to just a trickle and very purposefully fills the containers and pours the water into the bowl. She loves playing in the water and filling containers and pouring these days! This is actually one activity that doesn't make a huge mess for me to clean up like say emptying her clothes out of her dresser drawers or taking every single towel or diaper out of her cabinet. It also keeps her from getting into things she isn't supposed to and it keeps her in the bathroom with me.

I just put a towel on the floor so the floor doesn't get wet and slippery and she is as happy as can be. She has improved greatly at this little task....she doesn't get her clothes soaking wet anymore!

It is really fun to watch her concentration and then she gets a ginormous smile on her face when she gets proud of herself! It is too cute!

*I realize that the last 3 photos have been of Landry, but next week will be lots of Ashton so to make it fair, Landry gets her spotlight this week!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Who needs toys when a cup, bowl and medicine cup are involved! Glad the busy body is entertained. I love her chubby hand and arm - so cute!

Kristi Joy said...

Really - that is a great activity! My Parents as Teachers used to do that with C&N. Great for coordination etc. :) So really, you are TEACHING her while your shower. What a good and talented mama you are!!

Way to go Erin!!