Thursday, August 20, 2009

photo 201...

Clippin' Box Tops

This is one of the things we do to help Ashton's school earn a little extra cash. So far with the money they have earned from these things that most people throw out, the PTA has been able to buy a digital camera for every single grade. The goal is to have one in each classroom so the teachers can snap pics of things they do.

My parents collect them and give them to Ashton...she loves that they do this! So between Grammy's & Grampy's house and our house, we collect a good amount each year.

Today I was trimming them...getting them ready for her to take to school next week! It really has become "habit" looking for them, tearing them off the packages, and trimming them! I used to collect them for my class when I taught and now we do it for our Big Girl!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I save these for my nephews school. It becomes a little obsessive..ha! Lots of things at the store this week had double boxtops..just fyi:) Missed ya'll today.

The Leonard Four said...

i have that same exact baggie in my top drawer!!! such a great fund raiser!

Susan said...

I got into this habit YEARS ago for a co-workers niece....before I was even married! I gave a bunch to my goddaughter once and now I have a bunch for Eric's school (I hope they take them! If not, I'll pass them along!) Now I can't bear to throw anything away with a "box top for education"!!

The Taylor Family said...

Yep...we have the same baggie at our house too.