Thursday, September 3, 2009

photo 215...

Homework....

One of the challenges we have in our house is homework....with a toddler who wants to be all up in her Big Sis' business! When Landry sees Ashton bust out the paper and pencil she immediately wants a "pen-ul". So since this is when I need her to be busy while Ashton reads to me, I am trying to only give Landry a pencil when it is homework time. She has a pink pouch with all of her own stuff in it (pencils, notebook, folder with dogs on it) just like Ashton. This is very helpful especially since last year Landry played during homework time and didn't care as much what Ashton was doing.

This usually only occupies her for part of the time... then when she realizes Ashton is sitting in my lap reading to me and she doesn't have my undivided attention (like she gets all day long) she sometimes has a meltdown (like she did today) and has to make several trips to the corner!


6 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

oh. i wouldn't know what you're talking about AT ALL! homework time in our house is relaxing! it's fun! and not at all stressful. or irritating. ahem.

um. i wish.

i hear ya, sista...i hear ya!!!!

The Leonard Four said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rasdalls said...

Aww, the Bryce girls all together :) CUTE!

Becky said...

Oh poor little Lan lan P! Mean old mommy sending her to the corner..haha! Love these little toddlers and there fits:)

Becky said...

Oh poor little Lan lan P! Mean old mommy sending her to the corner..haha! Love these little toddlers and there fits:)

Kristi Joy said...

Big sis is so fun and mommy too...so I get why Landry wants to be all up in the business.

As the little sister 6 years younger...I know just what Landry is feeling!! I so adored my big sis.

Kuddos to you for having Landry's own stuff...and letting her in on the action as much as you can.

:)