Thursday, September 24, 2009

photo 235...

Landry's new FAVE....

Those of you who know me are probably shocked that I bought a "character" shirt since I am not a big fan. I am all good with jammies and shirts that don't have pictures of giant characters but.....you also know that I give in every once in a while.

I shall explain....today Landry and I ran into Old Navy since their "Baby Sale" was ending today and Landry needed some jammies. While I was perusing the other fall stuff on sale, I hear Landry saying "Emo, Emo, Emo". I look down and she has pulled this Elmo shirt off the table and is in L-O-V-E! I tried to take it and put it back and she said "no...Emo me , no.....Emo me". So I decided that since Ashton has a couple of HSM things that Landry should have her an Elmo shirt.

Her love didn't stop there. Nope.....She wanted to hold it in the car on the way home. Then as soon as we walked in the door she wanted to wear her new Elmo shirt. I took it off for lunch so it wouldn't get dirty and she freaked....tantrum and all! I put it back on after lunch and she slept in it for nap. I let her wear it for the rest of the day, but the brown pants she had on didn't match so I wanted to change her pants since we were going to pick up Ashton and then we were going to Target. She had a meltdown when I was changing her pants...she thought I was taking off her shirt.

I am not sure how much she is going to love it when we put her jammies on tonight and have to take off her Elmo shirt. It might be lots of fun and our neighbors might just complain about the fit she is going to throw.

She loves her some Elmo....and she loves her new Elmo shirt!

*sidenote on her hair....while we were shopping and before she spotted Elmo she pulled out her hair....ponytail holders and clips. NICE! The pic just after we got home.

8 comments:

The Rasdalls said...

That is toooo funny!! She does look super cute in her Elmo shirt though! We'll make sure we get her a 2T Elmo shirt for her birthday in January :)

Grammy/Mom said...

What a HOOT that girl is!!!

The Leonard Four said...

i love that she pretty much INSISTED that you get the shirt! she wants what she wants, after all!!!

oh, and the hair is cracking me up! she looks like she has wings on her head! cutie patootie!

amanda said...

Okay, so I'm laughing at this entire post! I can just imagine her with the Elmo shirt... and she was NOT going to take NO for an answer!

I'm the same way with character shirts... not my fave.. but when they LOVE them like this... how can you resist?! Gracie was so attached to her Dora shirt around this age.. she wore it EVERY time it was clean! :)

Becky said...

OMG Reese loves "momo" and we gotta get this shirt! I think she looks adorable..pants and hair and all!

Susan said...

Awww, she just looks so happy. You made her day! What is it about that furry little red thing?

Jill said...

How adorable! Love the picture - messy hair and all. No need to apologize about the hair. Everyone totally understands!

Kristi Joy said...

Cute stuff! We loved Elmo there for a while too...and I am not a huge lover of character shirts. But really - that one is pretty darn cute Erin! And on that cute little bug-a-boo...even cuter!!