Friday, September 25, 2009

photo 236...

NOT a good way to start the day....

If Bobby is a friend of yours on Facebook, this is what he was referring to when he said, "not how I wanted to start my day".

My sister had Lasik done today and had to be at the doctor's office at 7:30. So Landry and I took Auntie Megan and dropped her off while Daddy got Ashton ready and off to school. He was also going to watch her at FML since she was a "Movement Helper" on stage today and I got to see her do the same thing last week.

Anyway, after we dropped Megan off, I decided to drive-thru Chick Fil-A and grab some hashbrowns for Landry and a chicken biscuit for me. Well.....as I placed my order and drove around the corner to the window I was instantly blinded by the early morning sun shining directly in my eyes. I didn't see a pole and the rest is history. I heard it and thought to myself...."That really didn't just happen. " So after I got my order I pulled around to the parking lot and got out to see and YEP....that really did happen. Dang!

I was so annoyed....but Bobby was even more annoyed. I do have to say that he gets speeding tickets and in our 11 years of marriage, I have NEVER had a ticket and NEVER damaged a car.

I hate that we have to pay to fix it....and I hate that my car has this nice little "owie" on it! I guess I wasn't meant to have stopped at Chick Fil-A.

5 comments:

The Rasdalls said...

Oh no!! I'm just glad everyone is ok! Those chicken biscuits are darn good though!

The Leonard Four said...

OH
NO!

you were literally "blinded by the light"!

so sorry friend! you're allowed to make a mistake every once in awhile!

Jill said...

That sucks, Erin!! That's why it's called an "accident." The most important thing is that you and Landry weren't hurt.

Becky said...

Oh man I'm so sorry! For the record Bob get's speeding tickets ALL the time but it's me who "bangs" up the cars:(( Booo! As long as no one was hurt that's all that matters!!

Kristi Joy said...

Dang the luck! I hate that. I am so sorry to hear it...

Have someone get under there with a hammer...and pop it out. Leave the scratches for a while! Save the money...