Saturday, October 10, 2009

photo 252...

Homemade Applesauce...

I have wanted to make applesauce in the crock pot since fall started, but I was waiting for the weather to get a bit cooler. I thought it would be fun for Ashton and Landry to help with and I couldn't wait for the way it would make our house smell as it was slow cooking.

I decided that since we are stuck in the house with a sick girl, this would be a fun thing to do. Since today's weather was nice and cool it was just perfect. The only thing is, the girls weren't able to help since one has a cold and the other has the flu. They did serve as excellent tasters though!

When the girls got up this morning, I told Ashton we were going to make our own applesauce. She said, "I already know how to do it...you just cut the apples and smash 'em and then you have applesauce." I explained she was on the right track, but that there was little more to it.

So I made the applesauce in the crock pot....our house smelled delicious! The girls were so excited and they loved it! Ashton had hers with dinner and the rest of us had it over ice cream for dessert.....yummmmmmooooo!

I just want my poor girl to feel better....this made her smile so it was a success! And Landry, well this girl loves her some "applesot" any way you give it to her. Her preferred way is to drink it with a straw like she does her yogurt...the ice cream was a hit too and might be how she requests it at breakfast in the morning!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Man she is still sick?? Poor kiddo and poor momma! Feel better y'all!

The Rasdalls said...

Oh that looks soooo yummy!!! I can image how good your house must have smelled too! I'll have to have Mike get the recipe from you and make it since I can't cook :)

The Leonard Four said...

yum, yum, YUMMO!!!!!!! i've been thinking that i needed to do the same thing! it was most definitely the perfect day for it! and i'm glad that it made ashton smile!!!

Jill said...

That sounds delish. I make applesauce all the time for Alexandra. I'll have to try it in the crock pot next time.

amanda said...

Okay, that looks YUMMMMMY!

And I can only imagine how it made your house smell... delish!!

Kristi Joy said...

YUMMMO! Looks fabulous!

It was worth it just for a little smile out of a sick little girl. Poor thing!