Sunday, October 11, 2009

photo 253...

testing my novice sewing skills once again....

You see....in my head, things seem so easy to sew that I often think I can do it. This year I am making....yes I said making part of Ashton's Halloween costume. The reason for this is simple....the original costume costs over $100 with all the pieces if we were to order it from the catalog she discovered it in. I am NOT ever going to spend $100 on a costume that will get worn twice for a total of a few hours.

Since Ashton really wanted this costume, I told her I could make it if she wanted me to or she could pick something else. She opted for me making it.

Today I worked on part of it....I will reveal the finished product when it gets closer to Halloween and I have it finished. Wish me luck that I can pull this off!

You'd think I am sewer or something, but really I am soooo not. The only classes I have were many moons ago in my middle school Home Ec class. All I can say is thank goodness for the internet tutorials, you tube and pictures!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Can't wait to see what it is. Let me know if you need any help although it sounds like you're in good hands with the internet and youtube!

amanda said...

Oh how fun!!

I cannot wait to see the finished product!!

The Taylor Family said...

I know it will be awesome...can't wait for the reveal!

The Leonard Four said...

it think it's going to be PERFECT! can't wait to see it when it's all done! :)

The Rasdalls said...

Goodluck!! I'm sure it will turn out great and Ashton will love it :)

Kristi Joy said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Luck! Bet it will be just fabulous!!

Becky said...

I did the exact same thing..as I am SO NOT good at sewing:( Reese's was very simple so it turned out ok. Can't wait to see A and L's costumes:)))