Thursday, October 15, 2009

photo 257...

"I just wants to play some softball!"

With all the rain we have had the last several weeks, we havemany canceled games, which means we will have to make them up on weekdays in the coming weeks.

Ashton was supposed to have a "make up" game tonight, and even though the sun came out this afternoon, the fields were way too muddy. She started crying today when I told her her game was canceled. In the middle of her tears she said, "I just really wanna play some softball! They really shouldn't have a softball team if all it is going to do is rain all the time!"

Poor girl! Her uniform has been hanging in the closet for over a week just waiting for a game. The good news is, we get to play on Saturday! No rain in the forecast! Yipppppeeeeee!


7 comments:

Kristi Joy said...

aaahhhh, poor thing! I am sure she was so excited when she saw the sun was out. Thinking yep, gonna play!!

I hope the fields dry quickly and the game is back on!

Becky said...

Poor thing..how sad:(

The Taylor Family said...

Gracelyn feels the same way! It's sweet that they love to play so much. It's gotta be that their awesome coach makes it so much fun!

The Rasdalls said...

Stinks that she hasn't been able to play!! Hopefully she can get out this weekend :) Love love the blue and black uniform!

amanda said...

Ah, I love how she *just wants to play*!!

AND I love that jersey and team name!!

Susan said...

Aw, I love her dedication and desire to play! I hope the rain-outs are done. We've lucked out with soccer...only one makeup. We did play in drizzle one night...but at least we played! Good luck to A!

The Leonard Four said...

bless her cute little heart! hope that yesterday's game made up for the rain "break"!