Friday, November 20, 2009

photo 293...


A Surprise for Mommy...

My darling husband came home from his meeting today with a suspicious and sweet smile on his face and an explanation to go with it.

He told me that since he got a new job and he bought himself a "new job present", and the girls got a little present from his trip, he couldn't not get Mommy a "new job" present. He said I am the one that has to deal with everything when he is working and is gone and he knows it isn't easy.

So he walked out of the room and came back in with a huge bag. I immediately knew it was way too much of a present and he should take it back. When I looked in the bag, and saw it was the boots I have been wanting (and have on my birthday and Christmas list) I told him to take them back. After trying to convince him for a long time, he wouldn't budge. So at this point I figured I wasn't going to win this battle so I just needed to be grateful.

I love surprises....even though it was not necessary....and I think he spoils me when he shouldn't....I do love these boots. They are the most comfortable and snuggly and soft things I have ever put on my feet! I am in love...with my new boots!

7 comments:

Kristi Joy said...

Well how darn sweet it that. Yep, just take the lovely gift and be grateful! (And warm...and snuggly!! )

amanda said...

Ooooooh I LOVE those!

What a sweet hubby you have!!


And that chocolate color just makes me swoon!

Becky said...

Yes I LOVE the chocolate color! You totally deserve them and you should just enjoy them:))

Becky said...

Oh yeah...did he change jobs?? I dont think I new that.

The Johnson's said...

You so deserve them!!! What a sweet hubby!

Susan said...

If this were Facebook, I would check the "like this" option. Sweet!

The Leonard Four said...

awesome and they look so stinkin cute on you!!! :)