Sunday, January 31, 2010

photo 365...

Motivation.

This morning we ventured out to have Landry's 2 year pictures taken and we also wanted to try for a family picture IF the toddler in our bunch was cooperative enough.

Well....my poor youngest daughter has NEVER in her life had a sucker or lollipop of any kind. Nope, not even at dance when Miss Heather gives all the other kiddos one, not when Big Sis gets one, not when Carly gets one...not at the doctor's office...not ever.

After the picture taking fiasco we had with her for her 18 month pictures this last summer, I decided today might just be a good day to let her have a sucker for the first time. She is beginning to understand the "If you do ______, you get _____".

This sucker turned out to be a LIFE SAVER! This girl cooperated much better than I expected. Daddy even opened it up and let her have a lick or two part way through the shoot when she started to lose interest in the pictures. I only wish I had gotten a picture of her face because it was priceless when she took that first lick...and then the second one. And after those few licks she went back to being Miss Cooperative. It was greatness.

The best part was how she sat in my lap and licked her sucker while we went through our pictures which is quite time consuming. After she finished her sucker she and Sis went to play with the legos. I wasn't stressed and I didn't break out in a sweat trying to keep up with her and look at pictures like I did last summer.

Don't get me wrong...we did have a few times where she acted like a normal two year old, but overall, I was quite pleased! There was not one single fit and it was so nice!

Today I got the "Best Mommy Ever" award in her eyes. She loved her sucker....and it totally worked. I am so glad we had some "motivation" for her today! These bad boys will be used in the future when we need her to cooperate for something...these are "special occasion" suckers after all!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for great tip - I'm going to keep this in my back pocket for Alexandra. Can't wait to see the adorable pictures! Don't you just love Portrait Innovations???

The Leonard Four said...

YES!!! i love bribery! :) and i can't wait to see the pics! whoo-hoo!!!

The Johnson's said...

Girl whatever works! And I LOVE the new background, super cute!