Sunday, March 7, 2010

photo 35 of 365...

a DIY test...

This project has been in the plan for almost a year. Yep...ONE year. I found the fabric and bought it about a year ago. I explained to my hubby what I wanted to do and he wasn't totally sure it was a good idea and that WE could do it. Needless to say, we put it on hold for a while.

Then a couple of months ago we decided to go ahead and do it so I bought the batting. And we stopped there. Then last weekend we went into a model home that had one of these window cornices and when Bobby saw it he decided we could totally do it, and on top of that he thought it was a great idea.

So....yesterday we went to Home Depot and got the rest of the needed supplies to complete the project. Today was a rainy day so it was a perfect "project day". We made this thing while Landry was napping and hung it just after she woke up.

I do have to say that I love this new addition to our window in the kitchen/breakfast nook.

4 comments:

Kristi Joy said...

GREAT job Bryce DIY'ers! :) Awesome work!! Glad you love it!!

The Leonard Four said...

looks GREAT! can't wait to see it in person! i knew that y'all could do it! :)

Grammy/Mom said...

I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!!! I remember the day when you all weren't so handy. LOVE IT.

amanda said...

That looks great!

I love the fabric! And I love that yall did it yourselves! Too cool!