Thursday, April 29, 2010

photo 88 of 365...

y-ties

These little thingy-ma-jigs are one of Ashton's newest purchases with her own money. The student council at her school was selling them as a fundraiser for the Haiti Relief Efforts and she wanted to buy a pair. So for $4 dollars she got her some purple, sparkly, and curly new laces for her kicks.

I wasn't sure how well these things would work, but I must say that I was surprised at how tight they are and Ashton is VERY particular about her shoes being tight and not loose and floppy. Today was the first day she wore them and she was beyond thrilled!

The things they come up with amaze me sometimes and I think to myself, why didn't I think of that!

5 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

Gracie got the pink sparkly ones and loves them too!

The Leonard Four said...

functional AND cute! why on earth can't we come up with something like that??? great purchase, ashton!

amanda said...

These are sooo cute! Glad she found a good buy!

The Christenson's said...

When I was her age, I had to have my shoes tied super tight! I totally get that! Not sure when I outgrew it, but I remember being so specific about it when I was little.

Susan said...

Super cute! What a great choice!