Sunday, September 27, 2009

photo 238...

my very, very novice sewing skills....

Ashton has a small pillow on her bed that she has had since she was around 15 months old. The original pillow case was made by Mamo-the-Great (Bobby's Grandma) and it is so special to Ashton. She sleeps with this pillow every single night...because of this, she has worn out the original pillow case to the point that I couldn't fix it.

She was upset that the pillow case was worn out and was even more upset when I told her it couldn't be fixed. She asked if I could "sew her a new one". I thought to myself....sure I can do it...it can't be that hard.

Since Ashton LOVES and I mean LOVES anything zebra and pink, I decided to make her new pillow case just that. {She wants her entire room to be zebra and pink}. The pillow case isn't perfect and not even close to it, but she will be tha-rilled when she wakes up tomorrow and her pillow case is finished.

We'll see how long this one lasts....I am sure it won't last as long as the orginal! It could possibly fall apart when I wash it tomorrow before she sleeps with it.

8 comments:

Kristi Joy said...

OMG. She is going to love it! :)

Heck...I love it! I so love pink with black.

You did an awesome job, Erin! Great work, momma!

The Leonard Four said...

NOVICE SCHMOVISE!!!!!

that's the cutest thing i ever did see! ashton is going to DIE! nice work, my friend!!!!!!!

The Taylor Family said...

It looks AMAZING!!! Love the monogram...too cute!

Grammy/Mom said...

Awesome job for your first 'project'. Yo momma is impressed!!

Jill said...

Great job, Erin! I love making pillowcases because they are pretty darn simple yet they don't look it. Can't wait to hear how much Ashton loves it.

Becky said...

Very cute Momma! I so wish I had an emrboidery machine:(((

The Rasdalls said...

OMG! You are awesome at everything you do!! It looks great and I'm sure Ashton just LOVES it :)

amanda said...

OK.

I am totally impressed! It looks awesome!

I love me some pink and zebra too!!