Monday, October 5, 2009

photo 247...

bye-bye bumper!

Today we took the bumper pad out of Landry's crib. It would still be there if she hadn't pulled on it so hard that she ripped one of the tied strings completely off!

This is one of those things that I am really sad for it to be gone...I will never ever have another crib with a bumper in it. Although, I do have to say that I am not going to miss the hassle that I go through every time I wash her bedding~not even a little bit. It is a MAJOR pain to tie all those ties!

She did just fine at nap so we will see how tonight goes. Her crib looks so strange to me now that her bumper is gone....she didn't notice or if she did, she didn't say anything!

*I apologize for the blurry picture...I didn't realize it was blurry until just now and she is in bed so I can bust in and take another one. You at least get the idea.

5 comments:

amanda said...

Oh, I remember removing the bumper too! The crib looked SO bare without it!

But I'm with you... all those ties come laundry time...for the birds!

The Leonard Four said...

lp ripped one of the ties off??? wowee...that girl had got some spunk in her trunk!

i so can't believe that she's big enough to not have a bumper anymore! where or where has the time gone???

The Rasdalls said...

She is one strong lil girl! We took Michael's off too a while back and I agree... looks totally bare! But it does make the bed-making process much more time efficient! Love her crib btw :)

Becky said...

Oh silly Lan lan:)
I felt the same way taking our bumpers off..made the bed look kinda sad. However I don't mind Reese not using them to hoist herself up and out of the bed!!

Kristi Joy said...

Hum...I tend to agree on the whole bed washing stuff with bumpers. What a pain.

But OH HOW CUTE!!!! I mean really, they don't even recommend you have them. Some man probably said that. After all, it is about the cutest part of the crib!