Monday, October 19, 2009

photo 261...

"A Shape Poem"

Ashton has been learning about poems in school and recently they learned to write shape poems. You basically turn your paper and follow the shape of whatever your topic is. For example, a poem about a snail is coiled around to look like the shell. {I hope this makes sense or jogs your memory of when you learned about these.}

Today she really, really wanted to make a Halloween Shape Poem for her teacher and poor Landry just wanted to "color" with her sissy. So in the midst of trying satisfy Little Miss Landry, Ashton did manage to finish her shape poem.

Here is the poem...The Wich

"My skin is green. I fly thorw the night on a broom with my pet spider on my back hunting for lizerds for my feast, taking fly hairs for my meat, flying to my hunted house, to cook my feast".

3 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

yep. that's THE cutest thing ever! love the witch and LOVE the poem! that kid is a rockstar! :)

amanda said...

That is soooo cute!

And I love her little poem!!

Kristi Joy said...

That is so cute! I love her "wich".

I do remember those, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I laughed out loud reading your post about it.

Great job Ashton, fabulous job!